Coronavirus Updates - ERUUF
Updates from the Fellowship
- The solar project has been installed and is awaiting final inspection before being switched on. It’s a beautiful sight on the CARE Building roof!
- Based on the continued spread of the coronavirus, we expect that worship will continue to be “online only” well into the fall and possibly beyond. Thanks to a generous grant from the Eno River Foundation, webcast recording equipment has been installed in the ERUUF Sanctuary. Staff are eagerly learning the new system so that even though you can’t come to ERUUF, soon we’ll be able to “bring ERUUF to you!” We’re very grateful to the Foundation for this generous gift which will make it possible to continue to share Sunday morning from the Sanctuary long after the pandemic is just a story we tell in the future.
- We’re also planning for church school and adult programs to be “online only” this fall. We’re ready to pivot back to “in person” as soon as it’s safe to do so. But while it’s not safe we’re checking in with our members to find out what they need and we’ll do our best to respond with online groups and classes.
Sunday, August 16, 2020: Online, 10:30 am
Leadership Forum - Goal Setting and Action Planning (part 2) (Sat, Aug 15 9:00 am)
The final workshop this year in the series “Leadership as a Transformational Path”. Any one who has a leadership position at ERUUF or is interested in leadership is invited. Virtual meeting via Zoom.
Spiritual Odyssey (Sun, Aug 16 9:00 am)
Beloved ERUUFians' personal stories of their spiritual and life quests.
Were you able to see all the groups at our annual Connections Fair? Or, were you not able to attend? Have no fear! You can still find out about all the great work/activities our groups are doing in the coming year. Browse the Connections Fair Guide to see what might pique your interest, or stop by the ERUUF campus to pick up a printed copy of the guide. Check out the video below to see photos from the event!
- LGBTQ+ youth, are our Generosity Sunday recipients at the 9:00 am and 11:15 am worship services.
- Wednesday, September 25: View and discuss the film Stonewall Uprising from 6:30-9:00 pm, hosted by ERUUF's Multicultural Team. Learn more and register >>
- Friday, September 27: Attend Durham's first Interfaith Pride Vespers Service including local clergy and hosted by ERUUF at 6:30 pm. Learn more >>
- Saturday, September 28: Drop by the UU booth at Pride: Durham NC to meet up with ERUUF's Pride+ team, Beloved Community Chorus and UUs from around the Triangle for the Pride Festival,10:00 am and Parade, 11:00 am. Duke East Campus, 712 Broad St.
Volunteers are needed for the AIDS Memorial Quilt display. Three panels from the Quilt will be on display in the ERUUF Sanctuary from Wednesday, November 27 through Monday, December 2. While it's open to the public, we need volunteers to sit with the Quilt; at least two volunteers are needed for each shift. If you are interested, please email, text or call Vincent Licenziato at , 617-720-